Daniel met Jan Guy from Chelmsford CHESS recently at a National Landlords Association meeting – he was inspired by the work they do to put in to relieve the burden of homelessness and associated hardship in Chelmsford and Essex.
Rather than simply add a link to our partners page (which we’ve also done, of course), we thought it would be great to highlight their mission, values and aims here. To find out more about Chelmsford CHESS please visit their website.
Chelmsford CHESS seeks to relieve homelessness and related hardship and distress amongst single adults in Chelmsford and Essex, through the provision of support services and temporary accommodation that helps them move on in their lives.
- We care for the homeless and vulnerable; respecting their need for safety and dignity.
- We promote a sense of security, self worth and acceptance of the diversity of the individuals we serve.
- We encourage the growth and development of our staff and service users through partnerships and training opportunities with others.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity for all.
- We encourage responsible living standards from our service users.
- To provide an adequate number of good standard accommodation for the single homeless.
- Encouraging service users to rejoin society as useful members.
- Supporting improvement in the health and well being of service users without discrimination or judgement.
- Giving practical help in achieving independent living and employment.
- Raising awareness of homelessness in Chelmsford and Essex.
- To become a catalyst for change and partnership recognising the resources of others.