Planning process can be a daunting prospect, and we were excited to meet up with Keith Cunningham recently. He’s a former Councillor who has served on Planning Committees as well as the Major Planning Development Committee – he’s now a planning consultant for Success in Planning, a niche planning consultancy.
In summary, these are the kinds of areas in which he can lend his expertise to assist you in all aspects of planning:
1. Experience – clients with no previous experience of the planning system – giving clear and straightforward advice to both residential and commercial clients on planning legislation and regulation. Whether it be assistance with a full planning application or pre-planning advice. This may entail a request for a pre-planning application. Keith can also assist the client with choosing an architect and other allied building services if required.
2. Turnarounds – a specialist in representing clients who have received a notice of refusal for a proposed development or where the local authority is threatening enforcement proceedings.
3. Appeals – provision of dispassionate and impartial advice on appeals. This would include an assessment of the likelihood of success, the likely cost and – if the client wishes to proceed – advice on which Counsel to retain. If retained, Keith could issue written representations to the Planning Inspectorate on behalf of the client or assist Counsel at a full Public Inquiry.
4. Political Lobbying – Keith will undertake lobbying assignments on matters of planning policy with regard to local government and national government.
5. Local Intelligence – Provision of local intelligence to clients which may impact upon their planning application.
6. Policy Analysis – Undertaking of policy analysis on behalf of clients to maximise the chances of success.
7. Licensing and Highways Applications – Assistance with licensing applications and highways applications in addition to helping clients get planning planning permission. This is particularly helpful to clients with restaurants, cafes or clubs where alcohol is ancillary to food.
8. Site Search – Assistance for clients who are needing to relocate or expand. Getting the right site is crucial and it is important for the client to know whether they can achieve the planning use class they require on any given site.
For more information and contact details, please see Keith’s website.